All the fine print
Earn Commission for Referrals
As an affiliate, you will earn 15% on all successful referrals. If you refer a customer using your affiliate link and they spend $200, you will earn $30.
We pay affiliate commissions monthly, usually in the first week of the new month. All affiliate commissions are paid via PayPal. The minimum payout balance is $50 (USD).
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a customer clicks on your affiliate link, a cookie is set on their browser that tracks your referral. That cookie is stored for 30 days after the click. If the customer buys ELSA SPEAK LICENSE on a different browser, or after the 30 days, the referral will not be awarded to you. If you are aware of a sale that didn’t get assigned to you, let us know and we will assign it to you.
Refunds and Revoked Payments
Only referrals that are older than 7 days and are still in good standing (not refunded) will be included with the payout. If a payment has been refunded or revoked, we do not pay commission for the referral. We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Normally, rejections for commission happen for two reasons:
The sale that generated the commission has been refunded
The referral method violated our policies (details below) or the spirit of our policies
Affiliate Program Policies
Approved Promotional Methods
Essentially: promotional methods should add value to ELSA SPEAK, and we will end up paying you more commissions!
Examples of good promotional methods:
- Refer clients to ELSA SPEAK – Do you think ELSA SPEAK is be a good fit for your clients or customers or friends? Share an affiliate link with them!
- Write a blog post or review – Show how ELSA SPEAK can be used in different use cases, or show how to do a specific thing with ELSA SPEAK
- Share on social networks – Send out tweets to your Twitter followers with your affiliate link. Share on Facebook. As long as you’re not spamming them, that’s a great way to get referrals.
- Help others online – Lots of people want ELSA SPEAK but don’t know it yet! For example: a potential customer asks a question in a Facebook group about how to speak English fuently. In a helpful way, you reply that it’s possible using ELSA SPEAK, and share your affiliate link.
Prohibited Promotional Methods
Affiliate programs are win-wins: you get to promote a product that you like and believe in, we make sales, and you make money from the commission.
- Coupon sites are not allowed as a ELSA SPEAK promotional method. Customers searching coupon sites are already highly motivated to buy ELSA SPEAK. Promoting ELSA SPEAK via a coupon site does not add value to ELSA SPEAK
- Pretending to be formally associated with ELSA SPEAK. Affiliates are not employees, have no formal connection with ELSA SPEAK
- Any form of spam. Email, link spamming, comment spamming, etc. will not be allowed. If you’re posting to a forum or comment thread, follow the rules of the website you’re on.
- Anything illegal, or morally offensive. That’s subjective, we know. Still, if we don’t like it for any reason, you’ll be banned from the program.
- Confusing customers into thinking your site is operated or endorsed by ELSA SPEAK (by copying our site’s design, for example) is not allowed.
Paid Search Guidelines
If you bid on keywords in any search engines or social media site like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Twitter, and Facebook:
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for terms with variations of ELSA SPEAK name, such as “ELSA SPEAK”, “ELSASPEAK”, “ELSASPEAK.COM”, “ELSASPEAK.VN”
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for ELSA SPEAK with any additional terms, such as “ELSA SPEAK coupons”, “ELSA SPEAK discounts”, “ELSA SPEAK promotions”, “ELSA SPEAK PROMO CODE”. Broad matches are also not allowed (“[ELSA SPEAK coupon]”)
- Don’t use en.elsaspeak.vn or any other ELSA SPEAK website URL as the ad’s display URL
- Don’t direct link to en.elsaspeak.vn from any paid search ads. Instead, link to a landing page that users will then click through to access en.elsaspeak.vn
Bad Behavior Honeypot
If you are trying to find loopholes in this agreement, it means you’re trying to violate the spirit of the agreement, which is against the rules. Gotcha!
Consequences of Bad Behavior
If we find your promotional methods to be not in keeping with these terms, we will reject commissions and disable your affiliate account. We will likely notify you when this occurs and let you know what we find to be in violation of these policies. We may not, if it’s clear you’re a Bad Seed.
By being an affiliate, you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before being paid. This affiliate agreement is not a contract. The affiliate relationship does not represent a formal agreement. You are not an employee of ELSA SPEAK.. You agree not to be a jerk and sue ELSA SPEAK.. These terms are subject to change without notice. And other legalese-y stuff that you normally see here. Don’t let this stuff scare you: we want to reward you for referring customers to ELSA SPEAK! Thanks for being awesome, and good job reading the full agreement 🧡